I'm sure Samuel will have a musical pursuit of his own in a few years, though we don't know yet. There does seem to be some evidence that he'll make a fine pianist, as he has his Daddy's fingers.
My brother Richard, also a fine pianist, tested Samuel at the piano last week and proclaimed he can reach a good fourth already! His long fingers reminded me of this picture of Rachmaninoff:
Little Sam is healthy and growing well. He gained a pound in his first week and a half of life, and is proving a hearty eater. I think he may be going through a growth spurt right now because he seems to want to eat all the time! I don't mind though... I like nursing well enough. :)
Here's a sunset afterglow of Samuel's first ocean view at Manhattan Beach. (Though he was eating the whole time we were there -- I don't think he noticed.)
He's getting more handsome every day. It's fun to watch his features become more defined. He's become a consistent smiler already (I don't know if that's unusual). The evening of his fifth day of life, he let out an unmistakable chuckle in his sleep, with a grin from ear to ear. We wonder who was teasing him! We love this little guy, and are so glad he's with us here.
(Note the spread of his fingers here:)








2 comments:
Oh it is so great to see you three! We miss you all a lot! He's growing up on us! Keep posting pics!
Love,
Andrew (and Ariel/Hammer)
Nonie- don't forget pictures of yourself too! I've seen enough of Keenan ;)
Post a Comment